23. [D] taking a quick look at an exhibit before lunch
parents are important in developing children's reading skills
conclusions: most children are better at relationships
46. D) culminated in
12. [B]乐白家手机客户端 ， The professor may change his mind
research on internet: C
research in the library: A
check old materials of the city: B
interview the old: B
59. B) luminous
49. musicians and dancers
16. [A] She is unhappy with the man’s promises.
13. D) The US population doesn’t consist of white European descendants only.
51. the key factor
38. C) They think they work in an environment hostile to the free pursuit of knowledge.
47. motivation and practice
22. [D] Priority service
Some people think that museums and art galleries should concentrate on the works of their own countries instead of the works of art from other parts of the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
40. C) People would not believe scientists even when they tell the truth.
26. C) the globalization of the economy
57 A 58 D 59 A 60 C 61B
70. B) tucked
35. [C] Words are not necessarily connected with the things they stand for.
too much emphasis on getting a qualification
the government should have less influence
boys in particular need a new type of school
children in small schools are happier
lessons are organized like a meeting
a boy interested in music set up a business
45. C) obscure
C acesses to authority
F check number
D make a list
A filling order form
E comfirm the order contract
B signed delivery note
53. C) stimulus
48. leisure time
31. [C] $8,000.
69. A) ascribed
Garbage collection day: Tuesday
Time to collect the waste: 8.15am
Bags for sorting out the waste can be bought in any grocery stores
The ompany does not collect any TV
Large garbage site can be found on the map via the internet
After collection the garbage should be divided into 2 categories
Before throwing the bottle, people should remove the labels.
16. C) It should be carried high up in the air.
50. treated as special
52 A 53 C 54 A 55 B 56D
26. [C] People differ from each other in facial features.
8. Keep up > Keep
27. [B] Learn to recognize human faces.
8. D) It will be very difficult for them to find John.
67. C) vacant
32. B) draw attention to the troubles and difficulties grandchildren may cause.
45. If the committee likes the list, it sends it up to the board of directors which makes the final decision
50. C) out of stock
33. [D] Human beings can make anything stand for anything by agreement.
25. D) What Americans strive after often contradicts their beliefs.
B family life
68. B) rectify
44. A list is then presented to the advisory committee which meets about once a month
17. A) There are precise regulations and customs to be followed.
14. [D] It’s not certain whether the trip will take place.
A only Jacqueline B only Richard C both Jacqueline and Richard
33. D) they find it hard to resist the carrot-and-stick approach of their parents
20. [C] Home-made candy
Receive post - A should be done today
Answering phones - C not his responsibility
Reading emails - B next few days
Update data - A should be done today
37. B) obtain funding from the government
34. [B] Our culture determines what a symbol stands for.
55. C) handicap
9. B) Its rapid growth is beneficial to the world.
62. C) in relation to
25. [C] His social status
34. B) her parents kept pressuring her to have a child.
21. [B] Tuesday
27. B) Information technology has removed the restrictions of time and space in business transactions.
13. [D] She can’t go on the trip because of academic reasons.
Part IV Error Correction
49. D) flushed
32. [D] See a doctor at the school Medical Centre.
Railway Station I
65. D) finite
29. [D] People differ in their behaviors and physical characteristics。
E medical services
4. end > ending
19. [A] She needs some information.
25&26 Which two topics will the focus be on?
7. B) He does not study hard enough.
28. [A] Movie actors。
15. B) It should be raised quickly by hand.
Part III Listening Comprehension
一句话简介：垃圾回收咨询Garbage Collecting Company
58. C) designated
47. B) abnormal
30. [B] email@example.com.
17. [B] He wants to make sure that Mr. Smith will see him.
3. C) Peaches are not at their best now.
11. [A] Play the music more quietly.
4. B) They work on the assignment together.
15. [D] The woman is applying a job.
51. D) absurd
18. [D] The man is unwilling to take a look at the houses for sale.
Part III Vocabulary
56. A) recession
46. So there’s a possibility that a stamp might be designed, but still never actually go into circulation
10. C) Most students can’t afford to live in the new apartments.
24. [A] Through signs
36. A) Quick economic returns
Some people believe that newspaper is the best way to learn about news. While others believe that more effective way is through other media. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
12. A) He believed the speaker was a foreigner.
35. C) It is troublesome but rewarding
5. D) She admires Jean’s straightforwardness.
1. in first paragraph > in the first paragraph
21. C) People can fully enjoy individual freedom.
29. B) can eliminate an entire business segment.
6. will pick up > will not pick up
24. A) Americans wish to succeed in every aspect of life.
57. D) ambiguous
2. D) They will keep in touch during the summer vacation.
14. C) By making laws.
23. B) became wealthy after starting life very poor.
44. A) impose
18. B) Truancy.
41. A) defy
Part II Reading Comprehension
42. D) decent
43. B) scrutiny
66. B) irritated
7. listing > list
39. D) they could be influenced by their association with the project concerned.
22. D) the more diligent one is, the bigger his returns.
5. upon > for
54. B) by analogy with
61. B) suppress
11. A) The need for greater cultural diversity in the school curriculum.
3. acceptance > unacceptance / rejection
28. A) it should not overlook the importance of information, services, support, and distribution.
48. A) drowned
19. C) Students with good attendance records.
31. A) To discourage people from insisting on having grandchildren.
52. A) cherish
20. D) Rewarding schools that have decreased the destruction.
2. ultimate > ultimately
60. D) erase
64. A) comply
1. A) Dr. Holden is the best person for the chairmanship.
9. taking > taken
6. A) He liked writing when he was a child.
63. A) abolished
10. find > found
30. D) businesses have to meet individual customers’ specific needs in order to succeed.
Part I Listening Comprehension